Sunday, April 18, 2010

Mirror House

This is a house belonging to Khalifa and Lidia Al-Qattan. It's now considered a museum as the wife of the infamous Kuwaiti artist has turned their house into a work of art using broken pieces of glass to decorate the outside and inside of the house. It's located in Qadsiya and is still a private house so appointments have to be made for weekday visits. I haven't been there yet but it's on my to-do list in Kuwait. I'm trying to visit every touristic location available in Kuwait.

Some views of the house:












For more information visit their website (it's a little old so I hope it's still an option to visit)
www.qattanart.net

4 comments:

  1. Thats not to my taste! To each their own!

    But that looks like an accident waiting to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place looks amazing! I hope to visit it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually went there some time ago, it's a piece of art thats true!

    *Marzouq, I don't think she actually lives in this part of the house, and the kitchen there is more of a pantry that she uses to serve her guests if I'm not mistaken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why exactly is he infamous?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome! Personal attacks are not. Thanks!