Saturday, August 6, 2011

Plucking Eyebrows in Islam

I took this info from a Islamic website. Since it is Ramadaan there are a few topics that come to mind. First one is about plucking eyebrows. My mom who is very religious stopped plucking many years ago when she found out it was haram. I myself have recently quit after watching some videos about Islam. I still see the Muslim females wearing hijab yet they have really plucked and dark eyebrows. Even if they have no make up on they still have their eyebrows done even though it is haram. I can't inderstand it. It is ok to pluck the middle of the eyebrow if they connect or pluck chin or mustache hairs so the women do not look like men.


"Asalamu alaikum wa ramatu Allah wa barakatu Ladies,

We all love to look beautiful, but I am so tired of seeing 'Muslim' women with plucked/waxed eyebrows who follow the Sunnah.

I asked myself, 'these women should know it is haram, right?!' 'How can they not know their religion?! This is a big deal!'

So with that said:

Bismillah ArRahman, IrRahim,

It is not permissable, it is haram, to pluck, wax, touch the eyebrows.

Bukhari (4886) and Muslim (2125) narrated that ‘Abd-Allah ibn Mas’ood (may Allah be pleased with him) said: May Allah curse the one who does tattoos and the one who has a tattoo done, the one who plucks eyebrows and the one who has her eyebrows plucked, and those who file teeth for the purpose of beautification, changing the creation of Allah.

Sheikh Ibn Jibreen said: “It is not permissible to cut the hair of the eyebrows, or to shave it, reduce it or pluck it, even with the husband’s approval. This is not the matter of beauty, rather it is altering the creation of Allah Who is the Best of creators. A warning has been narrated against doing that and the one who does it is cursed; this implies that it is forbidden.

I guess some people risk it for attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome! Personal attacks are not. Thanks!