Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Wataniya stealing money by charging for Wireless

My mom told me about a new scheme from Wataniya using your phone to charge you for wireless internet. She has had her phone number since 2004 and recently every time she re-charged her phone using a phone card it was empty by the next day. After losing 15 KD she called  Wataniya and was asked what kind of phone she has, she told him she has an iPhone. So the new thing is Wataniya has some how made wireless accounts for customers and if you hook up to any wireless network your card is charged. She thinks it may be from using her wireless internet at home as she only turns on wireless when she's in her home. Has anyone else had this problem?

4 comments:

  1. Saw this in the newspaper. Do you have any comments on this: http://news.kuwaittimes.net/2013/03/03/stop-weeping-and-wailing-over-expats/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, I see and read everything, nothing escapes me. So what's your point? It doesn't change the fact Kuwait is still over crowded with expats. Just becuase one Kuwaiti writes about it doesn't mean other people have the same view of the situation. I wouldn't mind my son working at McDonald's or Burger King or doing the low jobs mentioned at least he would be working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had this problem 2-3 yrs ago with Zain, my bill went from 20kd to 50 in two consecutive months and later one one month, they say I activate the service, my friend had the same problem at the same time with prepaid line with Zain as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had this with wataniya..called customer service-they said they are checking it and will get back to me;they never did.Icalled again after 3days and same answer...so now i am with Viva.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome! Personal attacks are not. Thanks!