Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Al Manshar- Now and the Future

Last week I had to go to the New Mowasat Clinic for a sick note and on my way I saw the deconstruction of Al Manshar finally starting. They have taken out the windows (to recycle I hope) of the apartment buildings so they are really going to tear it down. Personally I think it's a total waste of money and I wonder what's really behind it all, money laundering perhaps? Even though those apartments were old they were huge and it was full of Western expats so they made a killing off of them. KRH had to move all of the Americans staying in the buildings in 2008 because of the change.
 
I guess they finally got rid of everyone fighting to stay, I was going to rent there but no-go due to the demolition. There was a swimming pool, tennis court, playground, gym and it actually connected to the mall which was cool but alas money itching to be spent has spoken and there will be something new in it's place.

The graveyard behind the mosque. When you die I bet you never think your grave yard will one day be prime real estate.


 Thanks to Mark for showing us the future version of Al Manshar which will try to open around 2017. 
 
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome! Personal attacks are not. Thanks!