Monday, May 20, 2013

Bait Al Othman Museum

I've found my new favorite museum! I saw a tour ad for the museum via AWARE center but decided to visit it on my own with my hubby. Bait Al Outhman house was a restoration project taken on by the Kuwaiti Heritage Team, they restored it back to the beautiful house it once was. The home was built in the late 1940's by Abdallah Al Outhman who was a teacher and retired as "The Great Philanthropist". The house contained 157 rooms, 16 kitchens and 61 bathrooms.
 
The museum is divided into different areas including Kuwaiti house museum, the Maritime museum, Heritage hall, Drama museum, Journey of life museum and the Museum of historical machinery. There is a 1 KD entry fee which is very reasonable. 






Old school Kuwaiti style
 This newspaper headlines the end to alcohol in Kuwait according to my hubby.


The small martyr section with pictures of the remains of a Kuwaiti citizen found in Iraq.
 Some items made by the Kuwaiti P.O.Ws
 
 
I have so many more pictures but you would really have to visit the museum for yourself to get the total feel for it. I wonder what the next restoration project will be?
 
Baith Al Outhman Museum
Hawally- Abdallah Abdullatif Al Outhman St
Telephone: 69999761/69999760
Email: mawrothkw@gmail.com - Twitter: @Heritage_Team - Instagram: @Heritage_Team
 
Take 40 highway, exit Ibn Khaldoon st, continue straight until you see McDonald's, turn right after McDonald's, straight down and you will see the museum.



2 comments:

Comments are welcome! Personal attacks are not. Thanks!